Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Quick Discussion on the Concept of Film Editing for students



Hello dear students out there , my blog viewers, lovely bloggers & vloggers hope all of you are doing fine . I welcome you all again to my blog ''Abhirup'sBlog'' .


Quite often my online friends & especially many students of different institutes have asked me about the scopes of film & video editing , but before that I also realised from their FAQ (Frequently-Asked-Questions) over whatsapp / emailover facebook chat and found many contradiction/confusing thought about film editing/video editing . A few students from a reputed media school (name not disclosed) had even said to me - 2D/3D animation is similar or complimentary to Video Editing, and later continue to ask me in full confidence '' isn't it true sir? '' .


Concept of Film Editing for students, Scopes on video editing and film editing, scope on TV channel in bengali medium,tips on video editing
Basic discussion on -
What is Film Editing / Video Editing ? 


Today, I take the opportunity to discuss a few points on Video Editing(or Film) for those Film Editing enthusiasts / future Film-Maker of Kolkata or beyond that (any part of India). I also request my fellow Film Editors / Editors from TV Channels to give a glance at this blog , just in case I missed out any more point , you can always add-on some more points if you think necessary which may help my dear students /my online students who also follow me here . I sincerely wish to help them out at any point to my level best .



  • A basic discussion on - What is Film Editing / Video Editing ? 

FILM EDITING is part of the creative post-production process of film making & the term FILM EDITING was derived from the traditional process of working with films, but now it increasingly involves the use of digital technology in course of time. Film editor works with the raw footage, involves in selecting shots and combining them into sequences to create a finished motion picture presentation. FILM EDITING is also described as an art or skill, the only art that is unique to cinema, separating film making from other art forms (such as photography, theatre, dance, writing, and directing ) , although there are close parallels to the editing process in other art forms like poetry or novel writing. FILM EDITING is the art, technique, and practice of assembling shots into a coherent sequence. The job of an editor is not simply to mechanically put pieces of a film together, cut off film slates, or edit dialogue scenes. A film editor must creatively work with the layers of images, story, dialogue, music, pacing, as well as the actors’ performances to effectively “re-imagine” and even rewrite the film to craft a cohesive whole. Editors usually play a dynamic role in the making of a film.



  • FILM EDITING is an art that can be used in diverse ways:

It can create sensually provocative montages

Become a lab for experimental cinema

Bring out the emotional truth in an actor’s performance

Create a point of view on otherwise obtuse events

Guide the telling and pace of a story

Create an illusion of danger where there is none

Give emphasis to things that would not have otherwise been noted

Even create a vital subconscious emotional connection to the viewer.



  • Film/Video Editing Career Options: (suggested few)

Film Editor/ Assistant Film Editor
News Editor at TV Channels
Editor for Cinematic Filmer
Editor for Online Film Teaser
Editor for Corporate Vlog
Production Designer
Creative Ad Film Editor
Corporate Film Editor
Line Producer
Compositor
Visual Effects Supervisor






Hope you learned something today on basic concept on Film Editing /Video Editing from this lesson,
Write to me how helpful is it to you.
I will come up with other topic in my next publication.
So I hope you will be back here again .

- Abhirup
from www.abhirups-blog.blogspot.in/

Instagram


Before you leave this page give a look at one of my student's edit work -




Signing off as for today, if you like this article do rate it - Share this Blog content to your friends - there is a Comment Box down below please do leave your Opinion-Suggestions-Request for any topic- or Question from any students is highly appreciable , I feel good to Answer them .



You can also mail me at : mailtoabhirup.lahiri@gmail.com

Students if you wanna catch me up on social network
goto -  CONTACT ME  tab


Share this post :

5 comments:

  1. Seems to be you are trying to do something different sir! All the very best for you.Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hesh ... do visit here again . This blog is especially made for students out there, I would love to do anything good for students, n enable them self-dependant .

      Let's do something awesome - Today.

      Delete
  2. All the best for you,, I see your website,, its different... really nice....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Kinkini , you all are the cause of my inspiration & these encouragement constantly triggers me to do something good that provide value for all my loved one, one of them is off-course you.

      Let do something Awesome today...

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.