Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

What is video editing ?




Video editing is a process that manipulate and rearrange video shots to create a new work. It is also true that video/film editing is considered to the most essential part of post production ; other post production process also includes colour correction, titling, sound mixing, etc.

I have heard people(that include some of my early clients too) say more often to describe video editing as the entire part of post production process, which is in actually practice not true. Whether or not you choose to be picky about terminology is up to you. In this blog I am reasonably liberal with terminology and will use the word editing to mean any of the following :

** Rearranging, adding and /or removing part of video clips and /or audio clips.

** Applying colour correction, filters and any other enhancement.

** Creating transitions between clips.


THE GOALS OF EDITING :
There are many reasons to edit a video /film, and to all my dear students and fellow editors you must note this point that all your editing approach will depend on the desired outcome,so before you begin you must clearly define your editing motive, which can include any of the following :

**Removing unwanted footage :
This is the simplest and most common task in editing process. Many videos can be dramatically improved by simply getting rid of the flawed or undesirable footages.

**Choosing the best available video footage :
It should be a common practice to all motion video photographers or cinematographers (films) to shoot far more visuals than actually need and choose only the best video material for final editing. Often you will find a professional group shoot several takes (versions) of a shot and choose the best one when editing.

**Create a flow while developing story in editing :
Most of the videos serve a purpose such as providing an information or telling a story. Do note that editing is a crucial step in making sure video flows in a way which achieves the goal.

**Adding special effects, graphics, music :
This is often the exciting part of video editing. You can improve most videos and have lot of fun by adding extra special effect elements.

** Alter the style, pace or mood of the film/video:
As I firmly believe, a good editor will able to create subtle mood prompts in a video. Techniques such as mood, music and special effects (technically visual effects) can definitely influence the reactions of the audience.

As I sum up this topic, I want to add a point; as an video editor, a video can be tailored to support a particular viewpoint, impart a strong message or serve an agenda.






,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you have any questions regarding Video Editing/any other topics I cover in my blog, you can leave your questions to me in the comment box below I would love to answer them .
If you want regular updates on similar topics then you can join me here or connect to me on social platforms :

* Find me on - Facebook -  www.facebook.com/abhirup.lahiri 
* My Twitter handle  @tweetabhirup  or www.twitter.com/tweetabhirup
* My Instagram Profile - https://instagram.com/abhirupsvlog


Instagram


As you continue to follow my Blog , you can also give a look at my 
Youtube Vlog Channel

Abhirup'sVlog









Signing off as for today, if you like this article do rate it - Share this Blog content to your friends - there is a Comment Box down below please do leave your Opinion-Suggestions-Request for any topic- or Question from any students is highly appreciable , I feel good to Answer them .



- Abhirup
for http://abhirups-blog.blogspot.in/




You can also mail me at : mailtoabhirup.lahiri@gmail.com

Students if you wanna catch me up on social network

goto -  CONTACT ME  tab


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for describing what is video editing deeply. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.